The types of roles you may consider offshoring include:
Back Office & Admin
- Data entry
- Customer service
Sales & Marketing
- Sales assistant
- Graphic Designer
- Debt collection
IT & Programming
- Technical Support (Level 1, Level 2)
- Junior developers (Java, PHP, .Net)
- Senior developers
- System Administrators
We have provided a short description of the possible roles and responsibilities for each position:
- Software Quality Assurance Analyst – Develops, publishes, and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Develops quality assurance standards. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts. Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies. Familiar with NT, UNIX and/or Solaris environments.
- SEO and SEM Anaylst – Collects and analyzes data to evaluate existing and potential online markets. Uses traffic tracking applications to recognize user patterns and trends to help formulate effective marketing techniques. Optimizes a website for organic search engine rankings. Manages search engine campaigns.
- Software Developer – Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Help Desk/Technical support – Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Provides moderately complex technical support to clients via email, phone, or other methods. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Possesses a strong understanding of the organization’s products and services, but escalates complex inquiries.
- Administrative Assistant – Performs a variety of administrative functions. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and takes dictation. Composes memos, transcribes notes, and researches and creates presentations. Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and prepares and monitors invoices and expense reports.
- Bookkeeper/Accountant – Maintains and records business transactions. Balances ledgers, reconciles accounts, and prepares reports. Follows bookkeeping procedures established by the organization. Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization’s finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Sales Support – Provides support to the sales team by relieving them of administrative work. Duties may include order processing/entry, price quotations, information input and management, RFP response, product training or other related tasks.
- Software Support – Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software and setup errors for field engineers, technicians, and customers. Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion. Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.